Search TyCos Territory

Monday, October 17, 2011

Garage In A Box : Temporary Garage Solution

After much research on how I can solve the predicament that I'm in, with basically no access to a garage, storage, etc, and no way in the near future to change that, but I could get some access to some property to place this.. Talking to several other car enthusiasts, I came across ShelterLogic and their products. After looking through what they have to offer, the length and width of my car, my budget etc. I came to the conclusion that their garage in a box compact was just too small for my car and some tools, where as the garage-in-a-box-original seems exactly what I need, it'll leave around 4 feet of space for tools with the car completely inside. Which by the way what is the point of a garage if it is incapable of completely storing a vehicle. I shopped around the internet, looking through lowes, amazon, random sites, some sites offered a lower price but then sure enough hidden shipping of 100 150 + . Being my determined self I knew that there had to be a solid deal out there on the internet, and sure enough I found it. Although marked up about 20-30 dollars from msrp before shipping, it offers free shipping (although i think with store pick up) but thats the least of my worries, this was at homedepot.com . So with enough space to fully store a vehicle and 4 feet behind the vehicle and some space on the sides, I should have enough space to store a jack, stands, tools, and detailing products along with other things I'm sure that I'll come across. All in all I am extremely excited, I talked to a fellow stanger about this because another member referred me to him, he has had one of their products for 4 years and said that the top just ripped off this year. If it lasts me 4 years I'll be pretty satisfied, hopefully it'll last even longer, I've read bad reviews about shelterlogic not having the best service i.e. not replacing tears etc especially outside of one year, but their product seems to be solid, so all I can do is take care of it and hope for the best. I'll definitely be posting pictures and a full review of it several times (ex. after assembly, months later, years later etc) but in the mean time I only have pictures to post from a similar assembly that another member posted
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment